Pages

Disney Jinx /-/ Thick baked Neapolitan chocolate chip cookies




Anyone else think children grow up too fast? I know I am starting to sound like those child scare campaigns but I cannot help but look at all the Disney stars; in some cases shake my head. I feel sorry for them. Yes, I would NEVER want to trade places with someone who has to face the media 24-7 and public opinion. This hard logical outlook is because I am too sensitive in a world like this to fully be exposed. I like to call this the “Disney curse”. Sorry mickey, you have screwed up a lot of talented people. No offence.





Not just Disney stars but children who grow up in the public eye. I am going to say this and I know many people will hate me for it, but a majority of them their twenties and teenage years were train wreaks (and some of them continuing into adult hood). Lindsay Lohan, Britany Spears, Olsen twins and right now to some extent Justin Bieber have all or are going through a crisis of identity.



Even Amanda Bynes is being hammered by the media for a mental disorder, not cool at all magazine journalists. Miley Cyrus has gone all bad arse on us and trying way too hard to remove the “clean girl image from her name”. Who saw her out fit for the latest V magazine??? That thing for Vanity Fair, tame as a lamb compared to this.



Now I would love to have their talent or money. Who did not want to learn how to dance to “hit me baby one more time”? Though giving up my sanity for it? not so sure. The Disney curse does highlight the importance of normative life style to stabilise the brain during teen years. While I may not be able to sing like them, act like them or be treasured by millions; I can at least say I got though high school without an addiction, dysfunction lifestyle and a relative normal mind (I always think about food creations for my next cook, so this might be obsessive)



One of those things that kept me sane is my love for ice cream. Not just any ice cream but Neapolitan ice cream. You may think this is boring and a bit naff, but hell I am bit out fashioned anyway. This was the taste of ice cream for a majority of my life. For some reason I tend to eat the chocolate first. For me the strawberry was the best part then vanilla then chocolate. Even today I still eat the flavours separately.



What is your flavour during your young teen years or how did you eat your ice cream?



Today I made you cookies! Cookie are always welcome in the kitchen and a much need break from writing 3000 word essays requiring me to be deep, dark and “opened ended”. This thick, chewy cookie with substance is just waiting for a dunking in your tea or coffee. By combining the forces of Neapolitan flavoured ice cream and semi sweet chocolate chips, you have a taste of teenage summers and family holidays. Soft baked strawberry, chocolate and vanilla cookies are base off those swirled ones I have seen on Food blogs. Too cute>_<

So I just had to try it myself!



Make these plain or with what chocolate you prefer. These would also make great ice cream sandwiches for My readers in the North! Double down the Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches?



Get swirled readers!




Soft Neapolitan chocolate chip cookies

Adapted from Sally baking Addiction



Chocolate dough

75g butter

45g brown sugar

20g caster sugar

35g beaten egg (you will need to crack 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk. After you can measure beaten egg)

1 tsp vanilla extract

20g cocoa powder (dutched)

85 g cake flour

1g salt

30g chocolate chips



Strawberry dough

75g butter

45g brown sugar

20g caster sugar

35g beaten egg

1 tsp strawberry essence

20g Strawberry milk powder

85 g cake flour

1g salt

30g chocolate chips



Vanilla dough

75g butter

45g brown sugar

20g caster sugar

35g beaten egg

2 tsp vanilla extract

105 g cake flour

1g salt

30g chocolate chips





For each dough

Cream your butter, salt and sugars in large bowl until creamy and pale with an electric whisk.

Add egg and essences beat again until it goes back to being fluffy and pale.



In vanilla dough

Fold in flour. Tip on to a piece of cling film and wrap for refrigeration.



In strawberry dough

Fold in strawberry milk powder and flour. Tip on to a piece of cling film and wrap for refrigeration.



In chocolate dough

Fold in cocoa and flour. Tip on to a piece of cling film and wrap for refrigeration.

You may store this mix for up to week before baking but at least 24 hours is need to rest the dough,.



Pre heat oven to 180C.

Line your cookie trays with baking paper.

With floured hands take 1 cm balls of each dough.

Push them together to form a rough ball/hemisphere shape

Push in more chocolate ships if needed.

Bake for 12 minutes.

Allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack.

Store in an air tight box for a week.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. That some nice recipes you got on your blog there.

      Delete
  2. Thank Lauren, I hope you get to try them sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I am so inspired by your food blog and recipes

      Delete
  4. Hi! these cookies look so good! Is there a way you can email me this recipe? The only thing is I do not know measurements in grams nor do I know temperature in celsius. I know temp in farenheit, and measurements in table/tea spoons and cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lamis. You can use a simple converter because I have converted us metrics to grams. Here is a link for a good conversion table.
      http://www.thekitchn.com/weight-conversions-for-flour-sugar-and-other-common-baking-ingredients-171316.

      For Celsius to farenheit, the cookie need to be baked at 350 F.

      Contact me further if you need any more help

      Delete
  5. these are so cute. i love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many cookies does this make?'i am sooo excited to try these. Neopolitan is still a favorite of my familys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes about 30 small %cm cookies! I hope you enjoy them

      Delete
  7. Super adorable! I'm totally inspired - and amazing photography. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I still a newbie but! Only pick up a camera at the end of last year!

      Delete